Thursday, November 6, 2008

Elated but yet bitter.....

So my dear, dear grandmother just had a heart attack and has been in the hospital for 2 days now... So my aunt calls me to book her a flight - YAY - love my aunt!!!! As I am leaving work to go visit my grandma, she calls me and asks if I can get my cousin on the same flight... sure! I do like my cousin! She's very funny!

Enter bitter: we live 1200 miles from them and we visit there often... my aunt and cousin live about an hour from each other and my cousin rarely makes it down when we visit... we always go to her if we want to see her.... So now, that my grandma could potentially be dying, she decides to come... and I can't help but think, it's to secure her spot in my grandma's mind with being there to get the material things that she wants....

Enter the struggle with thinking good thoughts: No, my cousin truly loves my grandma and just wants to make sure she sees her.... I am going to try and go with that....

Enter bitter again: My brother.... whom I haven't spoken to in 2 months because he is a total self centered ass who thinks it is ok to treat his family like crap yet raise transient lowlifes up on pedestals, pulls me aside last night and suggests that him and I get along for our grandmother's sake.

Enter the struggle: instead of me telling him, so you are not going to be a raving maniac and actually take some responsibility and not be an ass???? I just shrugged my shoulders and walked away.

Now I am at work, when I should be at the hospital.... hmmmmpf!

No comments: