Thursday, February 12, 2009

My New Plan



1. Begin right where you are. Walk for 20-30 minutes a day, 5 days a week for weeks one and two. (I can do this!)

2. Remove the following from your diet: Late night sugary snacks (even that 1 little cookie that I sneak in before trotting down the hall?) and all fast food meals (I only want them when I can't have them and now I REALLY want Jack-In-The-Box).

3. Add the following to your diet: 12 glasses of water a day (done - no problem except maybe on the weekends, I will have to work on that!) and slowly increase your fiber intake to 40+ grams a day (thank you Benefiber!).

4. Increase your protein intake. Eat a portion of protein with every single meal.

5. Measure your food portions using the fist method. No portion shall be bigger than your fist. If it is, reduce it. Does that include the side salad? Or can I have that also but just in fist size?

6. Eat real food. Protein shakes have their place, but whole food is unprocessed and needs your body to perform its digestive and delivery process. WAHOOOOOOO

7. Weeks 3-7 doing a minimum of 30-45 minutes walking 5 days a week.

8. Increase your meals to four a day. Spread them evenly over the day. No bingeing. I will most likely already be doing this...may have to increase to 5 being 4 and 5 are more snacky anyway.

9. Eat your first meal within 45 minutes after you wake. Be sure to include protein.

10. By week 4 you should be 10-15 pounds lighter, depending on your water and muscle composition, without having to join a gym.

11. Week 5 join a gym. Have a trainer demonstrate some basics. Alternate upper and lower body workouts for 3 weeks. YMCA here I come! I am thinking about spinning classes at 6 also...but I love my pillow!

12. Weeks 9-12 combine upper and lower body workouts into one streamlined workout lasting no longer than 45 minutes.

13. Gym tip: move quickly through your exercises even if you have to lighten the load. This creates a cardio effect.

14. Weeks 8-12 walk for 45-60 minutes 5 days a week. In addition to your gym workouts.

15. When you feel like quitting or eating something you shouldn’t, compare the short-term gain against the long-term pain. This helps you stay in the game.

Keep perspective. This program will slowly get you ready to make huge weight loss progress over a short period of time. That’s what you want, to start slow and then rev yourself up like a high performance racecar.

Follow this program and you will surely lose 35 pounds in 3 months. PERFECT!!!!

2 comments:

v8grrl said...

GOOD LUCK!

My god girl...
it's so much easier than that...just workout...
go buy the Jillian Michaels "shred"
at target. 14$
it has an level one on the video...
do it 5 times a week 20 minutes...a mere 20 minutes...

all that other stuff is toooooo many rules.

I'm tellin ya...20 minutes and I guarantee you will lose weight...
but you have to do the video and not quit

JB said...

but then if I put the video in on our one and only working player, I will bounce everything right off the walls and the shelves in our house

:-)

hmmmmm Target may be in my near future