Thursday, October 16, 2008

Cell Phone Fiasco

Nothing is ever simple.... one of my children lost her cell phone last week.... no big deal (first time any of us had done that in 4 years)

So I watched the online billing to see if anyone was using it... no one. We had searched for it high and low in the 4 blocks that we knew she had lost it... couldn't find it... Called it several times, sent it text messages, etc... nothing. So being payday, I go to call in an insurance claim on it but then I thought, let me check the billing one more time...

AHA!!! Someone had found it and had made several calls on it.... so I look to see who was called the most and I dialed their number. I explained the situation to the gentelman on the other end and he started yelling at me! "...I am 75 years old and I can not believe that you are accussing me of stealing your phone!!!!" So I said, no sir, someone who has Found our phone has used it to call you, would you happen to know who it could be? Needless to say, I ended that conversation very quickly.

Next #: Let me let you talk to my wife... Hi Becky, (insert explanation here)... Becky then says, oh I have no idea who it could be.... I am the only one in this neighborhood who has a phone so there are about 6 families who always use mine. Ok so moving on.....

Next #: (Insert Story here) And as I can tell, the last time they called you was Sunday around 8:00 pm.... do you have any idea who it could have been? his reply "no, I didn't recognize the number so I didn't answer it... in fact, you are lucky I answered your call...." ummmm ok, well sir, the call was 4 minutes long.... "well maybe they left me a voice mail. Can I check it and call you back?" suuuuuuure

30 minutes later I receive a call from Joseph.... "yah, I found your phone by the bus terminal downtown... but I don't know how to use it so I couldn't find you...." (30 phone calls later....uh huh and with contacts in there like Mom, Dad, Home.... uh huh) Anyway, we arrange to meet at 3:00 in front of his apartment complex.... So I took a friend with me because something didn't seem right....

3:00 in front of the apartment complex... no Joseph. I spoke with a few ladies outside do you know Joseph? "is he hispanic?" ummmm I have no idea.

3:07 inside the apartment complex where Charles was just getting a flu shot informed me that Joe was just up at his apartment 5 minutes ago.... but he "don't know which apt. is his"...

3:08 a lady in the hall with her dog on a hot pink leash asks who I am looking for. She knows he is Sophia's nephew and that he lives on the first floor but Sophia lives on the 3rd floor....

3:09 the russian? maitenance man gets involved and starts talking about the Joe that lived on the 2nd floor... however she informed us all that he died.

3:12 all of the above are looking at the marquee trying to guess which place Joe lives in....

3:15 we all surmise that he is hispanic and was wearing a white t-shirt.

3:17 decide to leave... when another woman that had came in while we were leaving came back outside to ask us what exactly was going on. (insert explanation here) Then she starts going off on how stupid everyone in the building is and brings me back to the lobby and dials Joe's apartment... "Joe - you have people out here that you are supposed to give a cell phone to.. (Joe says "what? I can't hear you")....JOE, get out here, they are waiting on you!!!!!"

3:18 thank you ma'am!

3:21 still no Joe

3:22 the lady with the dog says go on down to his apartment.... I don't move because it's down a really creepy hall...... but she insists and drags me down there with her and her dog. Knock, knock, knock..... she's gone.... thank goodness my friend was there.

3:24 My friend give an authoritative knock....

3:25 Joe opens the door.... ohhhhhhh yeah.... he says hold on and disappears... but comes back with the phone!!!!! WAHOOOOOO

3:26 Thanks! Here's a $20......

2 comments:

JB said...

Just a little addendum.... the man that picked up the phone is my husband's dad's ex sister in law's nephew.... CRAZY

v8grrl said...

this is exactly the kind of problems inter breeding in Colorado Springs results in...I have an answer for these problems....

MOVE